Nine College of Engineering faculty and staff will receive top university honors at the annual awards ceremony on Monday, Sept. 25 at 3:30 p.m. in the Memorial Union Great Hall.
Anson Marston Distinguished Professor in Engineering
The title of Distinguished Professor, first awarded in 1956, is the highest academic honor the university bestows. It recognizes a faculty member whose accomplishments in research or creative activities have had a significant impact on his or her discipline, and who has demonstrated outstanding performance in at least one other area of faculty responsibility.
- Balaji Narasimhan, professor and Vlasta Klima Balloun Faculty Chair in Chemical and Biological Engineering
The title of Morrill Professor is conferred on a faculty member who has exhibited excellence in undergraduate or graduate teaching or extension and outreach programs, and who has demonstrated outstanding performance in at least one other area of faculty responsibility.
- D. Raj Raman, professor of agricultural and biosystems engineering
Regents Award for Faculty Excellence
The award is presented by the state Board of Regents to recognize tenured faculty members are outstanding university citizens and who have rendered significant service to the university or the state of Iowa.
- Jay Harmon, professor of agricultural and biosystems engineering
- Frank Peters, associate professor of industrial and manufacturing systems engineering
Award for Outstanding Achievement in Teaching
The award recognizes a faculty member for outstanding teaching performance over an extended period of time.
- Monica Lamm, associate professor of chemical and biological engineering
Award for Departmental Leadership
The award recognizes outstanding departmental leadership that helps faculty members meet their complex obligations to undergraduate teaching, graduate mentoring, research and service.
- Steven Mickelson, Charles R. and Jane F. Olsen Professor in Engineering, professor and chair in agricultural and biosystems engineering
Award for Academic Advising Impact
The award recognizes outstanding performance by an academic adviser over an extended period of time.
- Beth Hartmann, senior lecturer, civil, construction and environmental engineering
- Devna Popejoy-Sheriff, student services specialist, industrial and manufacturing engineering
Award for Early Achievement in Research
The award recognizes a tenured or tenure-track faculty member who has demonstrated outstanding accomplishments unusually early in his or her professional career.
- Simon Laflamme, associate professor of civil, construction and environmental engineering
*This story contains information originally published in Inside Iowa State.