- CCEE students win national Keith Kaufman award in Big Beam Competition August 16, 2022
Iowa State Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering (CCEE) students won the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI)-Engineering Student Design (Big Beam) Competition this year.
- APEX-E: A hands-on start for multicultural Cyclone Engineers August 15, 2022
Academic Program for Excellence for Engineers (APEX-E) is an 8-week summer program to support multicultural first-year students’ transition to college life. APEX-E scholars conduct hands-on research in the lab, connect with peer mentors, learn about campus resources, and earn credits in core courses. Here’s what a few in the next generation of multicultural Cyclone Engineers had to say about their valuable APEX-E experience.
- CCEE’s Beena Ajmera receives mentoring and leadership award August 15, 2022
Beena Ajmera, an assistant professor at Iowa State University’s Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering (CCEE), was surprised and honored when she learned she had been selected to receive the Early-Career Undergraduate Research Mentoring Award from the Engineering Division of the Council on Undergraduate Research.
- Iowa State University introduces ground-breaking vehicle testing technology at preview days, Aug. 30-Sept. 1 August 15, 2022
Iowa State University will hold a set of preview days to introduce its new state-of-the-art off-road vehicle chassis dynamometer, Aug. 30, 31 and Sept. 1, from 3-5 p.m. each day.
- Meet the new MSE faculty: Lin Zhou August 11, 2022
Starting in the fall, Lin Zhou will be a new professor for Material Sciences and Engineering. Lin brings years of experience and research to the MSE department.
- Meet the new ECpE faculty: Mohammad Tayeb Al Qaseer August 11, 2022
Starting this fall, Mohammad Tayeb Al Qaseer, currently a research associate professor, will move into the appointment of a tenure-track associate professor for the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECpE). Al Qaseer brings extensive experience and research to the department.
- Miller undergrad education grants awarded to faculty August 11, 2022
Nine Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering (CCEE) faculty are involved with Miller faculty grant projects. The Miller Faculty Fellowship Program seeks to provide opportunities to better understand undergraduate academic programs.
- Iowa State Power Pullers place 4th in tractor competition August 8, 2022
The Iowa State University Power Pullers Club came in 4th overall at the International ¼ Scale Tractor Student Design Competition.
- Undergrads wrap up a summer of opportunities in CBE’s BioMaP REU program August 8, 2022
This summer, an expanded BioMaP REU program provided 18 college students from across the nation with the opportunity to work under the mentorship of ISU chemical and biological engineering faculty members and graduate students to gain hands-on research experience in topics that match their educational interests and goals.
- Carmen L. Gomes named College of Engineering equity advisor August 4, 2022
Carmen L Gomes, an associate professor of mechanical engineering, has been named College of Engineering Equity Advisor. In this role, Gomes will co-chair the college’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee to enhance DEI in all facets by developing solutions to campus challenges.
- Two CBE postdocs receive excellence awards August 3, 2022
Postdocs Jungkuk Lee and Susheel Kumar Nethi of the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering (CBE) have been awarded Postdoctoral Scholar Excellence Awards from the Graduate College of Iowa State University.
- ME grad student completes his 4th RAGBRAI August 3, 2022
While he could have just spent his summer in the comfort of an air-conditioned lab, mechanical engineering (ME) graduate student Nick Schnoebelen decided to brave the heat and trek more than 450 miles across Iowa’s northern terrain on his bike. Schnoebelen, a M.S. student in ME, recently completed his fourth full RAGBRAI route.
- Chowdhury, Kozminsky, Wang join CBE faculty in fall semester August 2, 2022
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering welcomes three new faculty members: Ratul Chowdhury, Molly Kozminsky and Jing Wang, who are beginning their appointments in the fall 2022 semester. All will be tenure-track assistant professors.
- Kirillova to join MSE faculty in the fall July 29, 2022
Starting in the fall, Alina Kirillova will be a new professor for Material Sciences and Engineering (MSE). Alina brings extensive experience and research to the department.
- New AerE faculty member Sidharth GS brings strong computational fluids background July 28, 2022
The Department of Aerospace Engineering (AerE) welcomes new faculty member Sidharth GS, who has joined the department as an assistant professor officially starting fall semester 2022.
CoE in the Media