Filled with activities and opportunities, the College of Engineering’s annual Engineers’ Week (E-Week) is an exciting time for student engineers at Iowa State. The chosen theme “Cyclone Tradition. Cyclone Engineers.” emphasizes the sense of community and family created in the College of Engineering here at Iowa State.
From intramural sports to lunches on campus and the career fair, E-Week 2014 is packed with events for students, faculty and the public. New this year is a 5-K charity run. Engineering clubs will present their work at the lunches.
Keynote guest speaker Dr. Michio Kaku, who is a theoretical physicist, bestselling author, acclaimed public speaker, renowned futurist, and popularizer of science, will be speaking on day one. As co-founder of String Field Theory, Dr. Kaku carries on Einstein’s quest to unite the four fundamental forces of nature into a single grand unified theory of everything.
- Dr. Michio Kaku Speaks—Friday, Sept. 19, 6 p.m. at Stephens Auditorium.
- Engineering Career Fair—Tuesday, Sept. 23, noon to 6 p.m. at Hilton Coliseum and Scheman Building.
- Charity Night (open to the general public)—Saturday, Sept. 27, 7 to 11 p.m. at Howe Hall Atrium. Event proceeds go to Minds of Tomorrow.
- Charity 5K (open to the general public)—Sunday, Sept. 28, 10 a.m. to noon starting on the Marston East Lawn. Event proceeds go to Minds of Tomorrow.
- Intramural Sports—E-week features a number of intramural sports for competition and fun, including flag football, dodge ball, kickball and ultimate Frisbee. Sign-ups can be found on the events website.
- Lunches–You can find the dates and what will be served each day on the events website.
See the full list of E-Week events here.