Seven Iowa State faculty and staff will be honored during the university’s annual awards ceremony on Sept. 23:
The title of University Professor is awarded to a faculty member who has acted as a change agent by making significant contributions to improve the university and who has demonstrated outstanding performance in at least one other area of faculty responsibility. Nominees must hold the rank of professor and have served at least 10 years on the Iowa State faculty. The awardee retains the title for the remainder of his or her career at the university.
- Theodore Heindel, Bergles Professor of Thermal Science and professor of mechanical engineering
The title of Morrill Professor is conferred on a faculty member who has exhibited excellence in undergraduate or graduate teaching or extension and outreach programs and who has demonstrated outstanding performance in at least one other area of faculty responsibility. Nominees must hold the rank of professor and have served at least five years on the Iowa State faculty. The awardee retains the title for the remainder of his or her career at the university.
- Charles Jahren, W.A. Klinger Teaching Professor and professor of construction engineering
Regents Award for Faculty Excellence
The award is presented by the state Board of Regents to recognize tenured faculty members who are outstanding university citizens and have rendered significant service to the university or the state of Iowa.
- Shauna Hallmark, professor of civil, construction and environmental engineering
Early Achievement in Departmental Leadership
The award recognizes the exceptional impact of a department chair or school director within the first three years of his or her leadership role.
- Gül Kremer, professor and C.G. (Turk) and Joyce A. Therkildsen Department Chair in industrial and manufacturing systems engineering
Outstanding Achievement in Research
The award recognizes a tenured faculty member who has a national or international reputation for contributions in research and has influenced the research activities of students.
- Sri Sritharan, Wilkinson Professor of Interdisciplinary Engineering and professor of civil, construction and environmental engineering
Mid-Career Achievement in Research
The award recognizes a tenured or tenure-track faculty member who has demonstrated exemplary research performance or scholarship accomplishments as documented by peers or experts in the field.
- Namrata Vaswani, professor of electrical and computer engineering
Professional and Scientific Outstanding New Professional Award
The award recognizes a professional and scientific staff member who has demonstrated outstanding accomplishments unusually early in his or her professional career.
- Joy Donald, industrial specialist, Center for Industrial Research and Service