Iowa State University has announced the 18 students selected to make up the inaugural class of a new leadership opportunity for students for the 2015-2016 academic year, sponsored by Vermeer Corporation, a global industrial and agricultural equipment company.
Following their application, 54 students proceeded to the interview process managed by University faculty in the Leadership Studies Program, coordinated by the Catt Center for Women and Politics. The students selected to participate in the Vermeer International Leadership Program, an immersive experience enhancing their academic endeavors that includes specialized coursework and training in leadership and its societal and global impact, mentoring from high-level business leaders, a visit to an international Vermeer Corporation location and a $2,000 scholarship are:
- Madison Abel/Supply Chain Management/Business
- Dequan Burnside/Software Engineering/Engineering
- Olivia Carrasco/Mechanical Engineering/Engineering
- Alex DeGaetano/Pre-Business/Business
- James Hartley/Agricultural Engineering/Engineering
- Francis Kelly/Mechanical Engineering/Engineering
- Carter Kemmet/Statistics/Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Cassie Krebill/Animal Science/Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Adamarie Marquez-Acevedo/Genetics/Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Dakota Olson/Global Resource Systems/Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Christina Paulson/Accounting/Business
- Nurul Ahmad Ridzuan/Geology/Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Reed Rognes/Accounting/Business
- Arlette Rufer/Industrial Engineering/Engineering
- Eli Sents/Agricultural Systems Technology/Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Madelyn Sislow/Animal Ecology/Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Erika Suessmith/Animal Science/Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Minhao Wang/Mechanical Engineering/Engineering
“Congratulations to the students selected. This program is an exciting new way for us to contribute to the development of future leaders in the state of Iowa and beyond,” said Mary Andringa, CEO and chair of the board at Vermeer Corporation. “We look forward to engaging with these students both on campus and during their trip abroad at our international facilities.”
All full-time students at Iowa State University were eligible to apply to the Vermeer International Leadership Program. Program details are available at www.vermeerleaders.com. A new cohort of 18 students will be selected every year for the first four years of the program, providing an initial in-depth leadership experience to 72 students.
“Students are going to experience an intense year of leadership development,” said Clint Stephens, lecturer for leadership education, who will coordinate the program. “It will positively change the lives of participants as they build their skillset for leading in our global community.”
This story was originally published by the Iowa State Research Park.